RCA SHOW 2012

Rachel Lillie

Visual Communication

Sketchbook

Mixed media

Working within and beyond the boundaries of illustration, my practice is research led and content driven. Taking an almost documentary approach, my recent work has encompassed working within the London Borough of Haringey to explore social history and personal biography, looking at the legacy and impact of real events on the community and on the journey of the individual.

I am interested in the physicality and tangibility in the craft of image-making and object-making. There is a tendency towards social participation in my work, simulating evocative experiences unique for both those involved in making the work and the audience.

I use drawing as a stimulus and as a form to reveal, to represent the factually unseen, memories, the real and the imagined, while grappling with the responsibility of doing this faithfully.

+44 (0)7931 337 383

rachel_lillie@live.co.uk

www.rachel-lillie.co.uk

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Illustration and Animation, Kingston University, 2010

Exhibitions

Panic!, Royal College of Art, 2011; Stick 'Em Up, LBi, London, 2010; Cycling in London, London Transport Museum, 2010

Awards

Distinguished Merit, Student Illustration, 3x3 International Illustration Awards, 2010; First prize, Cycling in London, The Association of Illustrators and Transport for London, 2010