RCA SHOW 2012

Karolina Raczynski

Visual Communication

Skype Call

Live video performance

My live performances stem from an interest in Expanded Cinema. It is possible to define this practice as a means to expand and challenge the language of cinema. My work attempts to move beyond the single screen setup and instead emphasises the perception of the projection as an event or physical experience. The positioning of the audience is central to the setup of these events and I continue to explore the role of the screen through live video feeds and the internet.

+44 (0)7767 725 856

karolina.raczynski@network.rca.ac.uk

vimeo.com/karolinaraczynski

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Graphic Design with Moving Image, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, 2009

Experience

Internship, NO.W.HERE Film Lab, London, 2009–10; Performance arts festival assistant, Schloss Bröllin International Art Research Centre, Bröllin, Germany, 2008

Exhibitions

Plaszczyzna (nie)porozumienia | Powierzchowni, Pawilon Nowa Gazowania, Poznan, Poland, 2012; Problems of Protest, Royal College of Art, 2011; Unravel - The longest hand-painted film in Britain, Camden Arts Centre, London, 2011; Shadows of the Spaces, Polish Deconstruction, London, 2008