RCA SHOW 2012

Teeravit Hanharutaivan

Vehicle Design

Sound Sculpture

Digital rendering

Though I have an industrial design background, I have always had a passion for vehicle design. Believing that I can apply the methodology of industrial design to vehicle design, I joined that course at the RCA.

At the RCA, I have tried to approach vehicle design in a new way and from a new perspective. Most of my ideas start with a question; seeking the perfect answer is my design method.

My final project also started with a question. As vehicle designers, we always take nature, sculpture and material as our inspiration. So I began to wonder if we can take something that may exist but we cannot see to generate a new impact. Sound is ideal. Throughout the history of the car, engine noise has created a separate element, as part of the driving experience, and in the perception of the vehicle.

As we enter the electric vehicle era, the most significant problem is the missing sound experience. In my project, I focus on creating a unique sound for an electric vehicle, while also letting sound influence the way the vehicle looks – bringing it into the design process, visualising and creating form from the sound spectrum.

+44 (0)7411 638 824

wu_ig_tang@hotmail.com

tang-teeravit.blogspot.co.uk

CV

Degrees

BA Hons, Industrial Design (First class), King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 2009

Experience

Designer, Automo Design, Bangkok, 2010

Awards

Winner, McLaren Autopure project, 2012; Winner, Umbro/RCA project, sneaker design, 2011; Honourable mention, Tata sponsored project, 2011