RCA SHOW 2012

Peter Wilkins

Vehicle Design

Provere

Mixed media

I feel incredibly lucky and privileged to have had the opportunity to follow my dream and study at the Royal College of Art. I love the opportunity of creating something new that may one day have a positive effect on peoples lives. People have personal and subjective views on what they perceive to be good design. I thrive on the challenge of creating a piece of design that people can interact with and react positively to.

Since being at the RCA I have learned to express my ideologies through everything I create.

Provere looks at the way small electric vehicles can use the system to make a positive impact on everyday life. Provere is a design to change peoples perception of commuter driving. Creating a product that can give people the opportunity to enjoy driving is potentially one of the most important roles a car designer has.

+44 (0)7786 242 677

peter.wilkins@network.rca.ac.uk

www.pwdstudios.co.uk

Supported by: McLaren Automotive, Drive Design, Materialise

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Automotive Design, Swansea Metropolitan University, 2010

Experience

Graphic designer, Kobo Design, UK, 2010; Designer, McLaren Automotive, UK, 2011–12

Exhibitions

Smudge, Swansea Waterfront Museum, Swansea, 2010

Awards

First, Design, Ford Ultimate Urban, 2011; Second, Design, MP5-EJ Concept, McLaren, 2012; Shortlist, Design, Worshipful Company of Coachmakers Centenary Bursary, 2012