RCA SHOW 2012

Mary Argyrou

Design Products

Handle with Care

Growing up in an environment enriched by a very strong cultural background has allowed me to become aware of the qualities that define traditional culture and its surrounding landscape. My work is influenced by these established patterns, and the outcome of this development becomes a reference to its nostalgic input, providing the essentials through a series of modest refinements.
The past is reaching out to us, requesting to pursue a continuity, and through this diachronic layering I feel that my sensitivities are provoked. The relationships we establish, and the continual cultivation of our senses, are essential in provoking communication. Our anticipations should complement our desires through the tone of our voices, as well as the activities we choose to participate in.

Specialism: Platform 15

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Product and Furniture Design, Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication, 2007; Foundation Art and Design, Surrey Institute of Art and Design, 2004

Experience

Internship, Sevv Studio, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2010; Internship, Peftasteri: Ceramic Workshop, Cyprus, 2009; Design assistant, Marks and Spencer: Home Design team, London, 2007–8; Design consultant, Greenwich Village: Furniture and Lighting concession, London, 2006–8

Exhibitions

Paradise, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Milan, Italy, 2012