RCA SHOW 2012

Dafi Reis Doron

Design Products

75% Control

My experience as a development manager in the plastics industry has helped me to understand industrial processes, and my research at the RCA has led me to find new ways to utilise them and their associated materials.

My main project is about the future of upholstery. I have developed a new process that involves using traditional cushion material – polyurethane foam that is usually hidden under the fabric. The foam is poured into the final wooden structure and expands in it. In this way, the foam locks and sticks the furniture structure and ‘grows’ a tactile surface that has a fabric look and feel. THE PAST OF NOW AND THE FUTURE

+44 (0)7738 056 481

dafi.reis@network.rca.ac.uk

www.dafireisdoron.com

Specialism: Platform 10

Supported by: Keter Plastic

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Industrial Design, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem, Israel, 2006

Experience

Development manager, Keter Plastic, Herzliya, Israel, 2008–10; Internship programme for Design Leaders, D-Vision, Keter Plastic, Herzliya, Israel, 2006–8

Exhibitions

Fendi & the RCA, London Design Week, Fendi Flagship Store, London, 2011; Last Supper, Christies Auction House, London, 2011; Copy Kitchen, DMY, Berlin, Germany, 2011; Designed in Israel, The Port of Tel-Aviv Gallery, Israel, 2010