RCA SHOW 2012

Charlotte Kingsnorth

Design Products

BLO

Design is my outlet to physically narrate my perceptions of the world. My persistence in the pursuit of biomorphic forms has led me to devise new tools and methodologies which have allowed me to explore natural forms and structures in my work. I am interested in imperfection as a human trait and how it can actually increase rather than decrease the value of a product. I like to produce a level of individuality and attention to detail suited to limited editions, but I also look at ways I can capture the unique nature of a one-off object and apply it to a larger production run.

+44 (0)7799 840 638

ck@charlottekingsnorth.com

www.charlottekingsnorth.com

ckingsnorth.tumblr.com

Specialism: Platform 16

Supported by: Brett Townsend at ATD Coventry, Andy Corbett at Vitafoam

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Contemporary Furniture and Related Product Design, Buckinghamshire New University, 2009; Foundation Art and Design, Kingston University, 2005

Experience

Private commissions, Charlotte Kingsnorth, London, 2009 to present; Shop interior design, Fendi, London, 2011; Designer and maker, Based Upon, London, 2009

Exhibitions

Selling Sex, SHOWstudio, London, 2012; Surreal Women, Guts For Garters, Cob Gallery, London, 2011; Fendi & the RCA, London Design Week, Fendi Flagship Store, London, 2011; Mint: Homeworks, MintSHOP, London, 2010

Awards

First prize, Furniture design, D&AD Yellow Pencil, Vitra, 2008