RCA SHOW 2012

Susan Nemeth

Ceramics & Glass

Untitled

Porcelain and stains

2731 cm

My ceramics are about expressing individuality and exploring the handmade mark. I am searching for the emotion, the spirit and the essence of the human touch. My interest lies in working from the unconscious drawing, the visual note to self, and combining this with the materiality of clay to create anthropomorphic characteristics a caricature almost.

I use porcelain. Its qualities of purity, sensitivity, fragility and strength capture well the animate qualities of the drawn line.

+44 (0)7855 002 678

susan.nemeth@network.rca.ac.uk

www.susannemeth.co.uk

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Ceramics, University of Wolverhampton, 1978

Experience

Ceramicist, Susan Nemeth Porcelain, London, 1979–2010; Course tutor: Inlaid coloured porcelain, La Meridiana International School of Ceramic Art, Certaldo, Florence, Italy, 2009 & 2011; Visiting lecturer, The London Institute, Camberwell College of Arts, London, 2003

Exhibitions

Porcelain Another Way, Gallery of Glass and Ceramics, Wroclaw, Poland, 2010; A Living Space, Contemporary Applied Arts, London, 2010; Made It, Contemporary Ceramics Centre, London, 2009; Porcelain Bowls from England, St Joseph Galerie, Leeuwarden, Netherlands, 2007

Awards

Winner, Ceramics, Inax Design Prize, 1990