RCA SHOW 2012

Sacha Waldron

CCA - Work-based

Felix Gonzalez-Torres, Untitled (Water), 2011, Drawing by Sacha Waldron

Pen, ink and plastic beads

For the last two years at the Royal College of Art, I have been on a curatorial placement at Arnolfini in Bristol. Based, primarily, in the Learning and Participation Department I have also been working closely on Arnolfini's exhibitions programme and with Arnolfini's archive. The latter has allowed me to develop my interests into how institutional archives can be activated and used in the production of new exhibitions and research. I have been looking at Arnolfini's artist book collection in depth and this has led to a specific concern with the bookworks of conceptual artists from the 1960s and 1970s. This, in turn, led to my choice of final-year dissertation topic, the conceptual survey work and bookworks of Don Celender.

The seminars, lectures and discussions with my Curating Contemporary Art course peer group have been vital in the formation of my ideas and ongoing enthusiasm in the production of new events, exhibitions and publications. I hope to be still working and collaborating with many of the people I have met on the course in the near and distant future.

Host organisation: Arnolfini, Bristol

sacha.waldron@network.rca.ac.uk

www.sachawaldron.weebly.com

CV

Degrees

BA, Fine Art: Sculpture, Slade School of Fine Art, University College London, 2006

Experience

Programme assistant, Liverpool Biennial, 2008–10

Exhibitions

Sum Parts, Acme Project Space, London, 2011; Dark Paintings, Casa de Brujes, Liverpool Biennial Independents Programme, Liverpool, 2010; TAXED!, A Foundation, Liverpool, 2008–10; Seaside and Coastal Postcard Show, Old Barber Shop, The Bluecoat, Liverpool, 2009

Awards

Winner, Travel Award, DOLBEY Scholarship, Slade School of Fine Art, University College London, 2006

Publications

Richard Woods: Details, Sacha Waldron, Aesthetic Trust, 2011; The Art & Craft of Richard Woods, Sacha Waldron, Lund Humphries, 2012