RCA SHOW 2012

Laura Helen Clarke

CCA - College-based

Ioana Nemes, Relics for the Afterfuture (Brown); The White Room (Satan), 2009

Fur, leather, horns, gold, epoxide, paint, lacquer and wood

Dimensions variable

How audiences can experience artistic practices in ways that are alternative to an exhibition as ‘finished’ or an end forms the focus of my interests. I am interested in exhibitions that unfold and alter over time, where temporality is given equal precedence to spatialisation. As such, the exhibition becomes a starting point for further, cumulative research.

I have previously worked for two years as an intern at Tate Modern, where I was involved in the organisation of the retrospectives of Gauguin, Richter and Hirst. Over the course of the MA, I have developed a particular interest in the relationship between exhibitions and publications as formats of mediating artistic practices. I plan to continue with and develop this research interest after graduating.

laura.h.clarke@network.rca.ac.uk

Courtesy of Jiri Svetska Gallery, Prague and Berlin, Photography by Robert Chilton

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Fine Art, Nottingham Trent University, 2008

Experience

Curatorial internship, Tate Modern, 2009–10; Administrative internship, Tate Modern, 2009

Exhibitions

Ritual Without Myth, Royal College of Art, 2012; Lying on Rocks, Sitting in Windows, Standing on Chairs, Royal College of Art, 2011; Testing Ground | Time Scale, Zabludowicz Collection, London, 2011; Ways and Means, Wysing Arts Centre, Cambridgeshire, 2010