RCA SHOW 2012

Katie Guggenheim

CCA - College-based

Yeguas del Apocalipsis, Refundación Facultad de Artes Universidad de Chile, 1989

Black-and-white digital image,

dimensions variable

Prior to joining the course I was actively curating exhibitions and projects, including A History of Two Mountains/One the Original/Two A Copy/Both Equally Heavy (2007–9), The Dark Show (2008), Film Shows (2008), Menu (2009) and Melrose Place (2009), and I have collaborated regularly with the artist- run space Auto Italia South East since 2007. During my studies I have continued my independent work, editing Monaco, a magazine that I have published regularly since 2010. In addition I have been working as a researcher and editor on a publication for Tate Modern’s forthcoming programme of film and performance in the newly converted oil tanks.

I am interested in the potential of the exhibition as a format to enable the experience of interdisciplinary, time-based and non-object-based work within the institutional space of the museum, something that I was able to explore during the course of my MA through my dissertation research into Lygia Clark’s Structuring the Self (1976–88) and Robert Morris’ Bodyspacemotionthings (1971/2009), and through our final exhibition which included documentation of historical actions and performances.

+44 (0)7776 344 294

katieguggenheim@gmail.com

www.monacomagazine.net

pagesofexhibitions.blogspot.co.uk

Courtesy of the artists and Pedro Lemebel Archive

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Fine Art, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, 2005

Experience

Researcher and assistant editor, Tate Modern, 2010 to present; Visiting lecturer, PgDip Fine Art, Chelsesa College of Art & Design, 2009–10; Press and gallery coordinator, Maureen Paley, London, 2006–8; Assistant and studio manager, Martin Creed Studio, London, 2004–6

Exhibitions

Melrose Place, James Taylor Gallery, London, 2009; Menu, The Savoy Cafe, London, 2009; The Dark Show, FormContent, The Wallis Gallery, Paradise Row, London, 2008–9; A History of Two Mountains/One the Original/Two a Copy/Both Equally Heavy, Auto Italia South East, London, 2007 & 2008