RCA SHOW 2012

Egle Kulbokaite

CCA - College-based

Patrizio Di Massimo, Una Turandiade Buzziana (in forma di note), 2011

HD video animation and theatre installation with stereo sound, 44'

Prior to the CCA course I have worked with institutions and art spaces such as Bonniers Konsthall in Stockholm, Contemporary Art Centre in Vilnius and Tulips & Roses Gallery in Vilnius. Alongside projects on the MA Curating Contemporary Art, I have recently also co-curated The Cut at Tensta Konsthall in Stockholm and Notes for an Exhibition at Crate Studio and Project Space in Margate, UK.

Currently, I am interested in artistic practices that reach out of the gallery space into different contexts. I completed my dissertation on early artistic interventions into the medium of television, and I am continuing my research on the relationship between art and developing technologies. Furthermore I am interested in the ways in which artists express themselves through text and printed matter. In the making of Ritual Without Myth I was responsible for the production of printed matter, communicating with the graphic designer and printers, and this is something that I would like to develop in the future as a curator.

egle.kulbokaite@network.rca.ac.uk

Supported by: AlumniRCA Scholarship 2011/12

Courtesy the artist, Photography by David Pearson

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), History of Art, University of Warwick, 2009

Experience

Curator's assistant, Bonniers Konsthall, Stockholm, Sweden, 2010; Curator's assistant, Tulips & Roses, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2008; Curator's assistant, Contemporary Art Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2008