RCA SHOW 2012

Daniela Berger

CCA - College-based

Joachim Koester, To navigate, in a genuine way, in the unknown necessitates an attitude of daring, but not one of recklessness (movements generated from the Magical Passes of Carlos Castaneda), 2009

16 mm black-and-white film, on loop, 3'22''

Previous to my studies at the RCA I have been working on independent projects including collaborating with collections investigator Pabla Ugarte Arte Contemporáneo, Parte Propia collective and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Santiago, Chile. I have also co-curated Notes for an Exhibition at Crate Studio and Project Space, Margate (UK) and I’m researching art practices in the contexts of conflict or post-conflict in Peru and Chile for Culture+Conflict, an organisation based in the UK. I have also been working as a curatorial researcher for the MAC in Santiago, where I will be taking a position as a curator on graduation. My interests include the possibilities and implications of contemporary art and culture as a social practice, and I am exploring this by initiating collaboration with an NGO for an Inter-American Development Bank project in rural communities in Chile.

daniela.berger@network.rca.ac.uk

Supported by: Beca Chile / CONICYT

Courtesy of the artist and Galleri Nicolai Wallner, Copenhagen