RCA SHOW 2012

Tereza Stehlíková

Animation

Red Riding Hood

Moving-image still

My practice-based PhD research focuses on introducing the viewers body into the experience of moving image through evoking tactility (or the body sense) by audiovisual means. Originally inspired by the tactile research and filmmaking practice of Jan vankmajer and the writing of academics like Laura U Marks, Jennifer M Barker and Guiliana Bruno, I develop my own unique methods for stimulating embodied memories and triggering associations in the medium of moving image, in order to offer a multi-sensory experience to the viewer/participant. The practical outcomes of my research consist of short films, a site-specific multimedia installation and a lexicon of tactile evocation in moving image.

+44 (0)7974 572 059

info@terezast.com

www.terezast.com

CV

Degrees

BA (Hons), Illustration, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, 1998; Foundation Art and Design, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, 1995

Experience

Lecturer, University of Westminster, 2007 to present; Lecturer, University of Bedfordshire, Luton, 2009–11; Filmmaker/animator, Polygon Arts, London, 2010–11; Editor, Artesian Magazine, London, 2008–11

Exhibitions

Just Under the Surface, Crypt Gallery, London, 2011; Interior: Constellations, Kingsgate Gallery, London, 2010; Sensory Strata, Pages of Hackney, London, 2010