RCA SHOW 2012

Karolina Glusiec

Animation

Velocity

Animation still with graphite on paper

I draw. I always have, I think. It was always important for me to draw. I would like to draw as long as I am able to do drawing. For me drawing is the most sincere means of communication, and the most honest representation of one’s thoughts and feelings. And at the same time, it is a form that can unravel all the unconscious and unknown meaning of it, although it never has one clear meaning. You and I could look at the same drawing, but we would see it differently. My graduation film is a collection of images from the place I grew up in. It no longer looks like I had remembered it. That image does not exist, but the drawings are real. The memory is only in my head.

+44 (0)7905 430 993

karolina.glusiec@network.rca.ac.uk

karolinaglusiec.wordpress.com

Supported by: Supported by: Nat Cohen Scholarship, Matthew Wrightson Charitable Trust

CV

Degrees

BA, Audiovisual Comunication, Academy of Humanities and Economics in Lodz, Poland, 2008

Exhibitions

25th Images Festival, The Images Festival, Toronto, Canada, 2012; Punto y Raya Festival, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sof;a, Madrid, Spain, 2011; SysteMY/SystemUS, Galeria Imaginarium, Lodz, Poland, 2011; Mediations Biennale, Centrum Kultury Zamek, Poznan, Poland, 2008